About the course
“If a child leaves my school unable to paint, that is a pity. If they leave unable to read, that is a disaster.” – Headteacher, Rose Report 2006
Our new immersive Reading in Primary Education Action Course will explore the complexities of reading development and how it is taught and learnt in the primary years. It will enable you to identify the reading abilities of your class or school cohort, and will guide you to create an action plan for effectively supporting reading in your setting, in particular for learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND.
The course will challenge you to reflect on current research and the demands of reading in the primary curriculum leaving you with the resources and understanding you need to ensure you provide your learners with a fully inclusive education.
Following this Action Course, you will:
- Understand what it means to be a proficient reader and the skills involved
- Be able to identify and address specific literacy difficulties that learners in your setting have, and how to address them
- Have an effective, adaptive action plan for improving literacy outcomes for your learners
- Leave with shareable resources and templates to support your learning
How do DYT Action Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Action Courses include roughly 3-5 hours of learning time for just £75. The course is designed with busy school staff in mind, and is split into bite-sized sections which you can work through at your own pace, when it suits you.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to all course content on the DYT Learning Hub for three months
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion