About the course
What literacy skills do secondary students need to with the Key Stage 3-4 curriculum? This Action Course explores the importance of supporting good reading and writing skills throughout secondary education, with practical strategies for scaffolding literacy for learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND.
Our new immersive Reading and Writing in Secondary Education Action Course will explore how literacy skills develop and the difficulties some learners may face with reading, writing and communication and how these can present in secondary classrooms. Packed with practical strategies and action plans for supporting good literacy skills – particularly for learners with literacy difficulties/SEND – the course will prepare you to transform how your subject is accessed and engaged with by all learners.
The course will challenge you to reflect on current research and the demands of the secondary curriculum leaving you with the resources and understanding you need to ensure you provide your learners with a fully inclusive education.
Following this Action Course, you will:
- Understand current research and thinking on how reading and writing develop, and how these skills continue to develop throughout secondary education
- Be able to identify and address specific literacy difficulties that learners in your setting have
- Have an effective, adaptive action plan for improving literacy outcomes for your learners
- Leave with shareable resources and templates to support your learning
How do DYT Action Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Action Courses include roughly 3-5 hours of learning time for just £75. The course is designed with busy school staff in mind, and is split into bite-sized sections which you can work through at your own pace, when it suits you.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to all course content on the DYT Learning Hub for three months
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion