Learn how to understand and use assessment, test scores and data effectively to create targeted support for learners with literacy difficulties and SEND. Ideal for teachers in all Key Stages.
Designed and delivered by our expert consultant teachers, our ‘Data in action: an inclusive toolkit for teachers’ webinar will provide you with a strategic toolkit for using different data sources to identify and close literacy gaps.
Ideal for teachers and teaching assistants who work directly with learners with literacy difficulties and SEND. We would also recommend it to senior leaders looking to implement inclusive practise across their workforce.
- Using the EEF’s “Improving Literacy” guides for Key Stages 1-4 to better support reading and writing development
- Targeting support by accurately assessing a learner’s needs
- Using high quality, structured interventions to help learners with barriers to literacy
- Understanding standardised scores and percentiles
- Exploring the limitations of popular standardised assessments
Participants will leave with:
- An understanding of the key differences between summative and diagnostic assessments
- Practical strategies for how to effectively use assessment to support learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND.