About the course
Follow our evidence-based approach to improve literacy in all subjects in your secondary school. This course will introduce you to the concept of subject specific literacy and give you the foundations to create a disciplinary approach to literacy in secondary schools.
Our Introduction to Subject Specific Literacy Quick Course will give you more insight into how literacy is used and required in your subject, and how to spot when a learner is struggling to access your lesson content because of poor literacy skills. We’ll also share evidence-based, tried and tested strategies for supporting language and literacy difficulties in the classroom, and curated teaching resources to download and use later.
Following this Quick Course, you will:
- Understand the concept of disciplinary literacy;
- Be able to identify differences in literacy requirements by subject, and how to support learners to access your subject;
- Be able to develop a whole-school disciplinary literacy approach to share with colleagues.
How do DYT Quick Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Quick Courses include roughly 45-60 minutes of learning time for just £20.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to your course module on the DYT Learning Hub for six weeks
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion