About the course
Introducing our DYT Quick Courses – short, entirely self-directed online courses designed to give you a bedrock understanding of inclusive literacy in as little as 45 minutes.
This course introduces a popular topic that has crossed over from cognitive psychology into education – Cognitive Load Theory – and explores how it can be embedded in your classroom. We’ll also explore strategic changes to planning and delivery that can make content more accessible and digestible for all learners, but especially those with literacy difficulties and/or SEND.
Following this Quick Course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of cognitive load, working memory and intrinsic/extrinsic load in relation to the classroom;
- Identify where you can reduce distractions in the core content you’re teaching;
- Create an action plan for your classroom, teaching delivery and learners to address the impact of unnecessary cognitive load on learning.
How do DYT Quick Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Quick Courses include roughly 45-60 minutes of learning time for just £20.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to your course module on the DYT Learning Hub for six weeks
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion