About the course
Introducing our DYT Quick Courses – short, entirely self-directed online courses designed to give you a bedrock understanding of inclusive literacy in as little as 45 minutes.
This course explores the multiple components that interweave to make a learner a proficient reader. At DYT, we believe that the Scarborough Reading Rope (2001) provides an essential overview of how reading skills develop and work together. We’ll explain how you can use the reading rope paired with the Simple View of Reading to identify where your learners need additional support to become fluent, confident readers.
Following this Quick Course, you will be able to:
- Understand the many processes which interweave in order to be able to read;
- Consider the difficulties that pupils may face when learning to read;
- Identify strategies to support pupils within your setting.
How do DYT Quick Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Quick Courses include roughly 45-60 minutes of learning time for just £20.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to your course module on the DYT Learning Hub for six weeks
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion
Out of stock