About the course
Introducing our DYT Quick Courses – short, entirely self-directed online courses designed to give you a bedrock understanding of inclusive literacy in as little as 45 minutes.
This course explores how writing develops by using the Sedita Writing Rope (2019). We believe the writing rope is an essential tool for understanding the different skills required for competent and confident writing, from handwriting to self-editing. We’ll also share practical strategies for using the writing rope in the classroom to support learners with literacy difficulties and SEND.
Following this Quick Course, you will:
- Understand the skills required for proficient writing using Sedita’s rope as a guide;
- Know how to identify points of difficulty in writing for some of your learners;
- Gain strategies and resources to support and scaffold for these difficulties.
How do DYT Quick Courses work?
Entirely self-directed and hosted on our new online learning hub, each of our Quick Courses include roughly 45-60 minutes of learning time for just £20.
- Immediate access to your course module after purchasing
- Access to your course module on the DYT Learning Hub for six weeks
- Multi-media course content, including quizzes, videos and knowledge checks
- Certificate upon completion