Learn how to work with learners, parents and colleagues in your school to better support learners with literacy difficulties during times of transition.
Designed and delivered by our expert consultant teachers, this sessions is ideal for SENCos, teachers and higher-level teaching assistants who work directly with learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND. We would also recommend it for senior leaders looking to implement inclusive practise across their workforce.
- The role of the SENCo: understanding the pivotal role SENCos and support staff play in supporting learners through times of change.
- Barriers to transition: exploring difficulties some learners may face when preparing for, or experiencing, times of transition.
- Our recommended tools and strategies: using the ‘pupil profile’ effectively and consistently to support learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND.
Participants will leave with:
- An overview of the challenges learners with literacy difficulties and/or SEND can face at different points throughout the year, and how to plan for them.
- Frameworks and tools for supporting learners, including the ‘pupil profile’.
- Strategies for encouraging and using learners’ and parents’ voices when implementing support and provision.
- An understanding of, and framework to support, your role as an inclusion champion.